- 1 1/2 -2 pound red snapper fillet /mackerel or any fatty fish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic gloves minced or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tomatoes with its juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 canned lite coconut milk
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (Hungarian)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper optional
- Salt to taste.
Cut fish in large chunks, rinsed and set aside.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add garlic, onions, bay leaf, thyme, whole scotch bonnet pepper and stir for about a minute.
Throw in tomatoes, paprika followed by stock and coconut milk, white pepper and salt
Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Then add fish, continue cooking for about 7 minutes or more until fish is fully cooked and reached desired doneness and texture. Adjust sauce thickness and seasonings, if desired according to preference. Add parsley Simmer for a minute or two. Remove from heat, toss out bay leaf and serve warm