- 4 ounces pancetta, or center cut bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 large white onion, small dice or minced
- 1 tbl spoon of olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, about 3/4 cup, small dice or minced
- 2 carrots, about 3/4 cup, small dice or minced
- 2 lb lean ground beef or any 2 lb mix of ground meat
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 Quarts of your favorite sauce or see my CR sauce recipe
- 1 tbl spoon of complete seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Press saute on the Instant Pot, sauté the pancetta over low heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, onion, celery and carrots and cook until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the meat and season it with 3/4 teaspoons salt and black pepper to taste and sauté until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes, breaking the meat up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the wine and cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper; cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes.
- Natural release, stir in the half & half and garnish with parsleyOr use to layer your lasagna
Note: you can also serve over your favorite pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
- Ricotta cheese mixture for lasagna layers
- 1 large ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 bag or frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- Salt to taste
Put sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 pan, add layer of lasagna noodles, add a layer of the ricotta mixture, and repeat until the top. Add parmesan and mozzarella on top. Bake at 375 for 45-50 min